Farewell 2015

“College life is the best part of a person’s life!”


And yes, the final part of that best phase finally touched the students in the final year of my college. Of course, it was the farewell function, organized by students of my batch, the third year engineering peeps. It was a special day for some, emotional day for a few and strenuous day for the rest. The last part holds true for my friends who were responsible for organizing the function. They managed to do an extremely wonderful job in making the day full of fun and entertainment for everybody in the auditorium. Everyone owes them big for such a marvelous work.

                                        


A typical farewell function lets your eyes experience glittering views of extreme beautification. The farewell function in my college was no different. Boys dressed in their finest formals were ready to woo every girl within their vicinity. Girls, with their eye-catching and gorgeous traditional attire made it impossible for me to find words to describe the charming effect it had within all the boys. Of course, I was no exception here too! But one girl would always make me wonder deep within: How much more elegant can one be? Nothing in this world can match the amount of serene feelings produced in my heart when I get a glimpse of her. The literal meaning of becoming speechless on seeing someone special holds true in this situation. A couple of decades earlier, on that very day, a special person was born and I couldn’t even utter a simple birthday wish to her due to my world-class shyness. Legend says that such an amazingly auspicious situation increases your ability to ‘not speak’. Funnily though, I might be the shyest person in this Universe.
                                                                            

Dance performances, songs, games, motivational speeches, presentations with memorable and nostalgic photographs, filled up the glorious day. Every senior seemed to enjoy every show during the day as loud cheers followed every performance. Few of the seniors were also given awards like, the “Whatsapp King” and the “Teacher’s pet” which were judged by online votes. I performed with my keyboard, along with two of my friends, one, a talented singer and the other, the guitar-wizard. I got an on-spot opportunity to play the guitar too, along with a senior, who sang two melodious songs. I sincerely hoped my on-stage heroics with the keyboard and guitar might have impressed at least a single soul but sadly, didn’t! Due to my back-stage practices, I missed most part of the function. But I was bang on target, when pizzas were finally distributed to everyone in the auditorium. The auditorium resembled a humongous Dominos joint with every soul, gulping down slices of pizzas. After every stomach was satisfied, it was announced that the show would be concluded by a ‘DJ nite’ and dance. As it was hardly evening, the term ‘nite’ got replaced by afternoon and the dance by ‘wild jumping’! 


Even though, it was a farewell for my seniors, I got far too emotional for obvious reasons. This can’t be explained in distant literature. But I would really like to wish every senior of mine, a happy and prosperous future. May every one shine in their respective fields. The prospect of leaving behind memories is really touching and heartening but I would like to conclude as such:


“Do not be sad because it’s over but be happy because these four years happened!” 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts